Monday, May 5, 2008

Welcome Collin Cao Vinh Tran

Meet Collin. He was born on 5/4/08 at 5:34 pm. He weighed 6 pounds 10 ounces and is 19.5 inches long.This picture was taken early this morning...he is 12 hours old here!



Labor went really well. I got my epidural around noon ( I was already 6 cm dilated) and was ready to push at 2:30pm. Epidurals are great! initally they gave me a high dose because I was laboring so fast...when it kicked it, i didn't feel a thing. I couldn't feel any contractions and had to be told when to push. Collin was in a somewhat slanted position and therefore I ended up pushing for 3 hours. It wasn't bad at all. Sounds worse than it really was. Really...you push 3 times during every contraction you have then you rest in between contractions. A very amazing experience. They had a mirror at the end of the bed so I watched the entired thing. The nurses and staff were great. Caohien did a good job as well....he didn't get nauseated and handled everything really well. He cut the umbilical cord too once Collin was out.


In the labor and delivery room...

Hello Collin!!!Here he is when he was first 30 minutes. He cried initially for maybe 30 seconds and then just opened his eyes and started exploring the world. He's a very curious fella.Happy mom and happy baby

Like father like son. Dad is extremely happy. First family photo

We should be going home tomorrow...so more posts to come!

10 comments:

Jane May 5, 2008 at 8:59 AM  

wow!! congratulations. i'm so proud of both of you

Anonymous May 5, 2008 at 9:58 AM  

Cute baby. Where do babies come from?

Looks like a future NBA star to me.


Love, Aaron

Trisha May 5, 2008 at 10:43 AM  

welcome baby collin! vincent can't wait to play :)

Cao May 5, 2008 at 11:05 AM  

AH. COLLIN. i am horrified i was not there. i cannot wait to meet him!

Anonymous May 5, 2008 at 11:27 AM  

HE is the same weight as me when I was born! I hope he grows up to be taller than me.....

WHAT A CUTIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

love april~

Anonymous May 6, 2008 at 7:58 AM  

He is so perfect!!! I am so happy for the both of you!! COngrats xoxo
Erica Welcome Collin

Vincent May 6, 2008 at 9:39 PM  

welcome to earth...earthling!

Anonymous May 8, 2008 at 8:52 AM  

Hello Endren!
Congratulations! You make labor sound so easy!
The "Hello Collin" picture is amazing!
Can't wait to meet him!! Probably won't be for a while though. Enjoy motherhood! And take lots of homevideos so we in Australia don't miss out!
Love
Amy

Anonymous March 18, 2010 at 3:03 PM  

Nice brief and this enter helped me alot in my college assignement. Say thank you you for your information.

Anonymous April 24, 2010 at 12:15 PM  

Sorry for my bad english. Thank you so much for your good post. Your post helped me in my college assignment, If you can provide me more details please email me.

About This Blog

subscribe!

Join the Mailing List
Enter your name and email address below:
Name:
Email:
Subscribe Unsubscribe

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP